7 Mistakes you Should Avoid Making Before you Move
For many, the process of moving can be completely new and can seem daunting to them. Relocating from one place to another not only requires a lot of work but careful and meticulous planning. You may get overwhelmed by the number of tasks that can come up when moving places but have no fear as we have compiled a list of mistakes that you could avoid when deciding to shift.
- Not keeping your fragile items separately: One of the most common mistakes people make when moving is that they do not separate their fragile items from the rest of their belongings. It is important that you label your fragile items and not load them in the moving truck along with everything else that is being shifted.
- Not making a list of all your items: It is a must that you make a detailed list of all the items you are going to pack and move before your shifting date. This helps you keep a track of all the items and check with the moving company if everything was delivered.
- Not labelling your boxes: Just like people label their jars, folders etc. you must also make sure to label every box that you pack before moving. This will make life so much easier for you as you will not only know where everything is but also be able to save time when unpacking. All boxes containing kitchen items can be marked separately, those meant for bedroom can be labelled separately and so on.For all you know, you could even set up your place in one day if you avoid this mistake.
- Over packing: Make sure you pack only your essentials and leave behind things that can be replaced. The less items you have to move, the less you will have to pay the moving company. You can easily discard items that are old or that you do not require by giving them away for donation or recycling. In essence, avoiding this mistake can help you save on unnecessary expenses.
- Not buying packing supplies: Cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, and tape are the most important of all the packing materials. A major mistake that you can make is not purchasing them before your move. All these packing materials help you pack your belongings in a safe and organized way.
- Not planning: The key to a hassle-free move is to plan. Make a calendar and set dates for each task associated with before and after the shifting such as booking the movers and packers, change of address after your relocation, contacting the utility providers and more.
- Not having a check list: When you have a lot going on and are neck-deep in tasks, a check list can be your savior. Write down everything you need to get done during the shift and after it. This will not only help you stay on top of things but also make sure that nothing important gets left out.